MetroHealth Research Institute
Our vision is to be the national leader in translating innovations and discoveries to improve the health and quality of life of the community, especially, vulnerable populations.
We are currently offering two research project opportunities:
Research at MetroHealth
The MetroHealth System is “Leading the way to a healthier you and a healthier community through service, teaching, discovery and teamwork.” To this end, the vision of The MetroHealth Research Institute is “To be the national leader in translating innovations and discoveries to improve the health and quality of life of the community, especially, vulnerable populations.”
Consistent with this vision, the recently concluded Research Institute Strategic Plan defined specific priorities and strategies under three broad domains:
- Basic and Clinical Sciences
- Population Health Research
- Data Sciences and Research Informatics
Within the Basic and Clinical Sciences, we will focus on four priorities that align with our clinical and institutional strengths and objectives:
- Neuromusculoskeletal conditions
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Women’s and Children’s Diseases
The Population Health Research domain will bring together three nationally renowned centers, Center for Health Care Research and Policy, Center for Reducing Health Disparities, and Center for Clinical Informatics Research and Education, under a single roof to establish the MetroHealth Population Health Research Institute. Finally, the Research Institute will leverage our nationally acclaimed clinical informatics capabilities to establish the Data Sciences and Research Informatics Institute.
In implementing the Research Strategic Plan, we will operationalize three “trans” principles.
- Translational: We will engage the translational continuum from basic discovery to implementation science. The MetroHealth System is about clinical and community impact.
- Transdisciplinary: None of us is that smart! We will cross disciplinary and departmental boundaries and facilitate cross-pollination. We need each other, especially those who are different from us.
- Transinstitutional: Finally, as an institution, we do not exist in isolation. We are an integral part of Cleveland’s rich academic community. We will work with our partner institutions, especially Case Western Reserve University, and leverage this richness to best serve our patients and our community.