New Masking Policy
Effective May 11, 2023, masking will be optional for patients, visitors and MetroHealth employees.
Due to the vulnerability of patients in the Blood and Marrow Transplant Unit, universal masking remains required upon entry, and masking will remain in effect for any acutely affected COVID patients. Masks are also highly recommended for those who have respiratory symptoms or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
Vaccinations and boosters are our best defense
CDC recommends COVID-19 primary series vaccines for everyone ages 6 months and older, if eligible.
Fully vaccinated individuals 5+ are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster, if eligible.
Read Current CDC COVID-19 Vaccine + Booster Guidelines
We’re available 24/7.
We know you have questions and we are here for you.
- If you’re experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and unsure where to turn, please call us at 440-592-6843 (440-59-COVID).
- If you suspect you have COVID and are experiencing mild COVID symptoms or need a COVID test, please do not go to our emergency department or our ExpressCare locations for testing.
If you are experiencing serious COVID symptoms, including:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
Please seek immediate medical attention by contacting your doctor or visiting the nearest emergency department.
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 or call your nearest emergency facility. Tell the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19 and is experiencing severe symptoms.
If you tested positive for COVID and continue to have symptoms disrupting daily life activities weeks and months after your diagnosis, please call us at 216-957-3959 to schedule an appointment at our Post-COVID Clinic. Our specialists are here to help.
Everyone six months and older is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination.
Get your initial vaccination or booster today.Learn more