At MetroHealth, our mission, vision and values are not just words on a fading poster tucked behind someone’s desk. They are the core of our actions. While we take care of the ill and injured, we are increasingly focused on preventive care, fulfilling our mission of “leading the way to a healthier you and a healthier community through service, teaching, discovery and teamwork.” And we do this in an environment of inclusion. Every patient, whether economically needy or economically comfortable, gets the same attention – full attention – from our staff.
MetroHealth physicians, from many parts of the country and around the world, bring a diversity of cultures, races, religions, expertise and ideas. We celebrate these differences and appreciate how they add to our success. Many are leaders in their fields and they choose to work here for the opportunity to make a difference in their community.
Our goal has always been to treat patients like family, with the respect and dignity they deserve. As one patient says, “I don’t feel like a number. I get outstanding individual care and attention by many compassionate professionals.”
We care, we mean it and it shows. It’s a 24/7/365 thing for us.
Akram Boutros, MD, FACHE
President and CEO
2018 Annual Report
Take a look at facts, figures and future plans at MetroHealth in the 2018 Annual Report.View Digital Report
The MetroHealth Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports our mission.Donate Today
Institute for H.O.P.E.™
Addressing the social determinants of Health through Opportunity, Partnership, and Empowerment.Read More
We are honoring our commitment to create a healthier community by building a new hospital on our main campus in Cleveland, using nearly $1 billion borrowed on our own credit.
- In the past five years, MetroHealth’s operating revenue has increased 43% and our number of employees has increased 18%.
- Today, our staff of 7,800 provides care at four hospitals, four emergency departments and more than 20 health centers and 40 additional sites throughout Northeast Ohio.
- In 2019, at our hospitals and health centers, we provided more than 1.45 million visits for 298,000 patients, 64% of whom were uninsured or covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
- We are home to Cuyahoga County’s most experienced Level I Adult Trauma Center, verified since 1992, and Ohio’s only adult and pediatric trauma and burn center.
- As an academic medical center, MetroHealth is committed to teaching and research. Each active staff physician holds a faculty appointment at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and its main campus hospital house