Training hundreds of physicians annually, The MetroHealth System is committed to providing high-quality, excellent education programs. For 175 years, MetroHealth has served the medical needs of the Cleveland community and surrounding areas of Cuyahoga County and is a leader among public hospital systems.
The MetroHealth System includes MetroHealth Medical Center, the flagship of one of the largest, most comprehensive health care providers in Northeast Ohio; a rehabilitation center, a leading Heart & Vascular Center, two Centers for Skilled Nursing Care, an outpatient plaza offering a variety medical specialties, and satellite locations throughout Cuyahoga County.
MetroHealth has maintained a tradition of excellence in academics and research since its inception. All of our active physician staff hold faculty appointments at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Intensive training for physicians and medical professionals is offered in many medical specialties. State-of-the-art equipment, innovative programs, and increased funding for research projects help to guarantee excellent care for our patients.
In addition, MetroHealth offers a number of clinical experiences for advanced practice nursing students and vast continuing medical education opportunities for physicians both within and outside the MetroHealth System.
- American Heart Association Training
- Advanced Practice Registered Nursing Education
- Daniel K. Lewis Administrative Fellowship
- Graduate Medical Education, Residence and Fellowship Programs
- MetroHealth Simulation Center (Sim Center)
- Office of Faculty Affairs
- Medical Student Information
- Psychology Internship Program
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities