Are You Experiencing Symptoms of COVID-19?
Haga un clic aquí para la versión en español (In Spanish)
Do you have symptoms of COVID-19?
- Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell, muscle aches, and fatigue, among other symptoms.
- The incubation period is two to 14 days after exposure.
- The infection can be very mild to full blown pneumonia, but it appears that many cases are along the mild spectrum.
- Many people are asymptomatic, meaning they are infected and spreading the virus without having any symptoms. This is why it is critical that people practice social distancing, wear masks when in public or interacting with people outside of their home, and use hand sanitizer and wash hands often.
- Some people recover quickly, while others experience long-lasting effects that doctors and researchers are still learning about.
Step 1: Call the COVID-19 Hotline
- Call the hotline at 440-592-6843.
- We will conduct an immediate evaluation over the telephone.
- If a clinical assessment is deemed necessary, a telephone visit or video visit will be promptly scheduled for you with a dedicated provider.
- If you are having a medical emergency, call 911.
Step 2: Telephone or Video Visit
A provider will ask you questions and evaluate your symptoms. He or she will then give further medical advice and determine the best course of action, whether to receive further testing, come for an in-person visit, or to simply stay at home.
If you are unsure if you should seek medical attention for COVID-19 symptoms, please call the hotline at 440-592-6843.
For additional information about the situation, please go to:
- Centers for Disease Control– Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Ohio Department of Health – Coronavirus updates page
- MetroHealth COVID-19 page
Are you seeking care for other medical concerns?
MetroHealth offers telehealth services via MyChart for you to conveniently meet with your MetroHealth provider from your phone, computer, or tablet. MyChart telehealth appointments provide easy access to get you the care you need, when you need it, without leaving your home. If you do not have a MyChart account, you can sign up online, or call your MetroHealth provider to set up a telehealth appointment.How to schedule a telehealth appointment