For Medical Professionals
A Message from Division Director Ronnie Fass, MD
The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at MetroHealth has a long tradition of cutting-edge gastroenterology and hepatology services. Our mission is to deliver compassionate, outstanding and up-to-date care to our patients. Our dedicated faculty provides high-quality health care to all those who need our help.
Our division has a strong group of endoscopists who are proficient in all types of GI procedures, including ERCP and EUS. Furthermore, our faculty has interest in a wide range of GI disorders.
- EndoFLIP, a minimally invasive procedure to diagnose Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), achalasia, episodic gastric junction upflow obstruction and swallowing disorders. MetroHealth is the only medical center in Northeast Ohio to offer this technology.
- Clinics dedicated to liver disease, esophageal and swallowing disorders, nutrition, and pancreatic biliary disorders.
- Endoscopic procedures and unique tests, such as capsule endoscopy, Helicobacter pylori testing, breath tests, motility tests, fibroscan and liver biopsy.
- In-depth liver services. Our liver program has been at the forefront of treatment and research of liver diseases for many years.
- A GI motility unit and clinic. The team's focus on esophageal and swallowing disorders is unique to the Cleveland area.
In the last few years, our division has expanded to new sites, where we provide both procedures and clinical care. These new sites include Brecksville Health and Surgery Center, MetroHealth Medical Center, Parma and MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland Heights.
MetroHealth is affiliated with Case Western Reserve University, thus all our faculty hold academic positions in the medical school. Consequently, we are dedicated to the teaching of medical students and residents, as well as the training of the next generation of gastroenterologists. Moreover, our research in liver and GI disorders has been and remains one of the pillars of our division.
In the near future, the division will continue to grow in the number of faculty members, unique procedures and therapeutic modalities that it provides through specialized clinics. We will also expand our research interest and funding. It is a very exciting time for our division as it continues to expand in all aspects of GI and liver diseases. However, patient satisfaction will always remain our highest priority.
Ronnie Fass, MD
Professor of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University
Director, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Medical Director, Digestive Health Center
MetroHealth Medical Center