Your Journey Begins at a Bariatric and Weight Loss Seminar
The MetroHealth Weight Loss Surgery and Weight Management Center team hosts a free bariatric and weight loss seminar on the third Tuesday of each month.
You can also watch a seminar online anytime on your phone or computer.
The seminar gives you the information you need to make informed decisions about your health challenges. You will also better understand whether weight loss surgery or nonsurgical weight management is right for you.
“The seminar is the first step in the bariatric surgery journey,” said Shana Anderson, BSN, bariatric program coordinator at MetroHealth.
“Every potential patient needs to attend a seminar, online or in person, to move forward with the process and understand the basics of bariatric surgery risks and benefits. It helps you learn about the surgical preparation journey, both what is expected and what timeline is typical. Importantly, the seminars give you the chance to ask questions and learn about our program.”
You will clearly realize we are committed to helping you!
What You’ll Learn at a Bariatric and Weight Loss Seminar
Bariatric surgeons, obesity medicine specialists and other members of the team lead each seminar.
- the causes of obesity
- health problems related to obesity
- typical health and weight improvements achieved after surgery
- types of weight loss surgery
- bariatric surgery criteria
- the surgical timeline
- the MetroHealth weight loss team’s personalized approach to care
- how healthy lifestyle habits help you achieve lasting weight loss
- insurance and payment options
“One of the most important points we make in our seminars is that bariatric surgery is a tool, not a solution on its own,” said Elaine Mead, surgical services center director at MetroHealth. “To be successful, bariatric surgery has to involve a variety of providers. Most importantly, patients have to commit to making healthy changes for a lifetime.”
In-person bariatric and weight loss seminars are free and open to the public.
Please come and join us!
- 6:00 to 7:30 pm
- 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Registration is required. Click here to register.
- Alfred F. Connors Jr. Learning Center (Room R-170)
- MetroHealth Medical Center Main Campus - 2500 MetroHealth Drive
- Download our campus map to help you navigate our medical campus
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the seminar begins.
- Un seminario en español se lleva a cabo cada tres meses.