Non-Invasive Vascular LabThe vascular lab performs tests to evaluate for problems associated with the arteries and veins. This provides your physician with valuable information to help with developing a treatment plan.
Non-Invasive Vascular Lab
Ultrasound is a safe, noninvasive diagnostic test that uses high frequency sound waves to create images of various parts of the body. The vascular lab performs tests to evaluate for problems associated with the arteries and veins. This provides your physician with valuable information to help with developing a treatment plan.
Our seasoned ultrasound technicians perform over 7,000 diagnostic tests annually.
These exams include:
- Carotid duplex
- Abdominal aortic screening for AAA
- Mesenteric and Renal Duplex
- Lower extremity arterial and venous duplex
- Upper extremity arterial and venous duplex
- Surveillance studies to assess bypass grafts
- Segmental pressures, pulse volume recording, and ABI
- Vein mapping for bypass and hemodialysis access
- Arterio-venous fistula and graft surveillance procedures
- Venous insufficiency studies
Our vascular lab is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) .
Accreditation by the IACVL represents the most stringent and sought-after seal of approval for vascular ultrasound, and demonstrates our continuing commitment to imaging excellence. All studies are performed by trained and credentialed vascular technologists.
All studies are reviewed and interpreted by members of the MetroHealth Vascular Surgery group.
Meet our team:
Jacqueline Taylor, RVT – lead vascular technologist
David Kirallah, RVT
Tricia Began RDMS, RVT
Katrina Roberson, RVT