Hybrid Operating RoomMetroHealth is the only hospital in Cleveland with the Siemens ARTIS Pheno robotic angiography system.
Hybrid Operating Room
Hybrid operating rooms (ORs) are specially designed and equipped to make today’s surgeries safer and easier for patients and the medical professionals who are in the OR with the patient.
What this means for patients:
- Having advanced imaging equipment available during surgery allows for faster, more precise placement of surgical tools and implants.
- Surgeries generally proceed more quickly because everything the surgeon needs is right in the room. There’s no need to move to another location for additional procedures or imaging.
- The newest technologies require less radiation and less contrast material — the dye that is needed to give doctors a better view of tissues. This means greater safety for patients.
- Results for patients may be enhanced due to the shorter surgical times, smaller incisions needed for minimally invasive procedures and the greater imaging accuracy.
- If surgeons determine that other procedures, including traditional open surgery, are needed for an individual patient, the open surgery can be done safely and immediately in the same room
MetroHealth is the only hospital in Cleveland with the Siemens ARTIS Pheno robotic angiography system.
This is the most advanced in hybrid OR technology which is engineered to be truly patient-oriented; ARTIS pheno® is a unique angiography system for individualized pre-procedural planning, intraoperative guidance, and immediate assessment – regardless of patient condition or procedure complexity.