Updated June 2023
MetroHealth has updated its visitation policy. Recent changes will also enhance the emotional support available to patients.
Masking is optional for patients, visitors and MetroHealth employees. Masks will be required for visitors to the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit.
Inpatient Visitor Check In
In an effort to enhance the security of all patients, visitors and staff, MetroHealth has implemented a new visitor management system for guests visiting patients at the Main Campus and Critical Care Pavilion.
- All inpatient visitors are required to register at the Information/Welcome desks and Emergency Department main entrances by providing photo identification.
- Visitors will receive a temporary badge containing name, photo, unit number, barcode and date.
- Barcode access will be needed for every location in The Glick Center not considered a public area.
We appreciate your support in ensuring the safety of everyone at MetroHealth.
Number of Visitors
- Inpatients may have two visitors at a time, with no limit on the number of visitors per day.
- Exceptions may be made by the care team based upon specific situations, including for end-of-life patients.
The change is effective for all MetroHealth hospitals. At Main Campus, visitors must still use the visitor management system and get a temporary identification badge at the welcome desk in The Glick Center or the Emergency Department.
However, visitors must now return those temporary ID badges upon leaving the hospital, which will open slots for the patients’ other visitors.
The end of the public health emergency was an opportune time to reevaluate our visitation policy and allow patients to see more of their family and loved ones.
Adult Inpatient Visitation
- 9 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. on Monday through Friday
- 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. on weekends and holidays
- Patients may have up to two visitors at a time (does not have to be the same two visitors throughout the day).
- Visitors under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Some units may have minimum age restrictions.
Exceptions may be made for end-of-life situations.
- All MetroHealth Medical Center inpatient visitors will be required to register at Information/Welcome desks and Emergency Department main entrances.
- Visitors will be required to provide photo identification; a temporary badge will be generated for visitors to wear during the duration of their stay.
Women and Children’s Units
- Labor and Delivery: 1 visitor in triage/labor: 1 additional visitor during designated visitation hours.
- Post-Partum: Please call 216-778-4578 for visitation information.
- Pediatric Units: Please call 216-778-5743 for visitation information. Call 216-778-5980 for Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
Behavioral Health Unit
Outpatient Appointments/Emergency Department Visits
- Adult patients are allowed one individual to accompany them.
- Pediatric patients may have two parents/guardians accompany them.
Surgical patients may have one caregiver accompany them to their scheduled procedures.
For general patient information, please call 216-778-7800.