Our clinical team and academic staff include:
- Advanced Practice Providers (APPs)
- Agnieszka Ardelt, MD
- Danielle Becker, MD, MS
- Daniel T. Benson, MD
- Theodore Bowen, MD
- Rodica Di Lorenzo, MD
- Jonah Grossman, MD
- Mankaran Sawhney, MD
- Ari Wachsman, MD
- Marc Winkelman, MD
- Sarah Demko, APRN-CNP
- Virginia Edwards, APRN-CNP
- Susan E. Fogel, APRN-CNP
- Dorothy Hager, APRN-CNP
- Rikki Johnson, APRN-CNP
- Deb Gibbons, BSN, RN, CMSRN
MetroHealth / Case Western University School of Medicine Affiliation
As a teaching hospital, we have been associated with CWRU School of Medicine since 1914.
During this 104-year affiliation, we have trained thousands of physicians, many of them renowned in their fields throughout Cleveland and the world.
All of our active staff physicians hold faculty appointments at CWRU School of Medicine.
Our researchers work with CWRU in key areas of scientific discovery and biomedical technology.
In the last year, we trained:
- 1,200 medical students and nurse practitioner, physician assistant, anesthesia assistant, bioethic, podiatry and informatics students
- 600 residents/fellows rotating from other institutions
- 395 MetroHealth residents/fellows
Innovation + Technology
MetroHealth (formerly the Cleveland Metropolitan General Hospital) has an illustrious clinical neuroscience history spanning more than a half century and featuring legendary figures like Maurice Victor, MD (neurology), Betty Banker, MD (neuropathology), and Robert White, MD, PhD (neurosurgery). Dr. Victor was the founding director of the Department of Neurology.