Going Home After Surgery
The nursing staff will let you know when it's time to go home. This will depend on your alertness, vital signs and comfort level. Upon discharge, the nurse will give you helpful, specific written and verbal instructions for your post-surgery care.
Because we care about your safety and comfort, we urge you to follow these instructions while recovering:
- A relative or friend MUST accompany you when you are discharged.
- Have someone stay with you for 24 hours after surgery.
- Progress gradually from fluids to solid foods.
- Take deep breaths to keep your lungs clear.
- Move around according to your instructions.
- Do not drive or operate machinery for 24 hours after surgery.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours after surgery.
- Do not make important decisions or sign any important documents within 24 hours after surgery.
There is no rating available for this provider for one of two reasons: he or she does not see patients, or has not received the minimum number of patient survey responses.