What is Required
- An authorization for release of medical information signed by the patient or his/her guardian is required prior to the release of radiology images.
- In the case of an emergency where the patient is not able to sign a release, the physician may sign the release, noting that the patient is unable to sign it.
- Authorization is not required to release the imaging report to the physician who ordered the exam. However, it is required to release images.
How to Request
The Medical Records office is currently closed to in-person visits due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Patients can still request their records via their MyChart account, by email or by mail.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., excluding holidays.
Requesting Radiology Images Using Your MyChart Account
You can now request your radiology images be placed on a CD through your MyChart account.
Three easy steps;
- Log in to your MyChart account from the app or the website.
- From the menu, select ‘Questionnaires’ and then select ‘Request a Copy of My Radiology Images on a CD’.
- You will be asked to fill out an online form determining which images will be put on a disk, and where the disk will be sent, either to yourself via mail or directly to your provider.
Read more about Medical Records access.