The MetroHealth Trauma Center, located at Main Campus, is one of the busiest in the nation.
Our team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals have decades of experience at a American College of Surgeons-certified Level 1 trauma center.
Research shows that busier trauma centers have better outcomes.
The MetroHealth Medical Center is NE Ohio's leading Level I Adult and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center.
Please call 911 for all emergencies | 216-778-4979 (General Questions)
- MetroHealth was one of the first verified trauma centers in the area. We were verified in 1992.
- Each year, we see about 6,000 trauma patients. That's more than 16 trauma patients a day, every day.
- The average severely injured trauma patient will see many experts at MetroHealth. During the course of care, it's between 50 and 100 specialists!
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says getting care at a Level I Trauma Center like ours can lower your risk of death from trauma by 25 percent.
MetroHealth’s Level I trauma center provides the highest level of care for the most critically injured patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We also partner with community hospitals to improve care for patients who need treatment at a Level I trauma center. This ensures patients with severe injuries are quickly identified and treated.
What We Offer
Our Level I trauma center provides:
- Direct-to-operating-room option for patients needing lifesaving surgery with no delay
- Trauma surgeons and emergency medicine physicians in-hospital 24 hours a day
- Designated trauma bays
- Designated trauma operating suites equipped and staffed 24 hours a day
- Coordinated response from a multidisciplinary trauma team.
- Imaging capabilities 24 hours a day
- Anesthesiologist in-hospital 24 hours a day
- 24/7 blood bank operation
- Inpatient surgical and trauma intensive care unit designed exclusively for the severely injured trauma patient
- Trauma rehabilitation services providing early intervention to traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury patients
- In-depth trauma research, education and injury prevention programs
Meet the Team
Trauma surgeons specially trained in managing critically injured and medically complex patients lead the multidisciplinary trauma team at MetroHealth.