- Hand and Upper Extremity Center
- Joint Replacement
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Physician Resources
- Research in Department of Orthopaedics
- Sports Medicine
- Total Joint Replacement Classes
To schedule an appointment by phone, please call 216-778-4414.
If you've been referred for rehab after an upper extremity injury or surgery, your next step is an evaluation with a MetroHealth occupational therapist.
Hand and arm injuries can limit your range of motion and affect daily life. Occupational therapy provides patients with the skills to restore or improve physical function so they can return to doing meaningful activities independently.
Our occupational therapists work side-by-side with surgeons to help patients advance in their therapy program and address issues specific to the patient's condition or injury. The collaboration between therapists and surgeons gives patients the best chance at recovery.
MetroHealth occupational therapists can help patients with:
- Eating independently
- Bathing and dressing independently
- Work conditioning
- Meal prep and home management tasks
- Workstation ergonomics
- Returning to playing a musical instrument, sports, or other hobbies
Preparing for Your First Rehab Appointment
Patients can expect the following when they come to their first post-op rehab appointment:
- Full review of medical history and diagnosis
- Evaluation and exam, which may include the following:
- Range of motion in affected arm/hand
- Pain or swelling
- Development of treatment plan
There is no rating available for this provider for one of two reasons: he or she does not see patients, or has not received the minimum number of patient survey responses.