Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
During this period of rapid change, it's important to pause and reaffirm our commitment to upholding the highest standards of fair hiring practices and providing equal employment opportunities to all. To that end, I'd like to share with you the following:
MetroHealth is committed in policy and practice to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants and employees in all facets of employment/personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, pregnancy or veteran and military status.
In support of this commitment, MetroHealth developed the Office of Faculty Affairs, headed by Holly Perzy, MD, Associate Chief Medical Officer. Dr. Margaret Stager joined the Office of Faculty Affairs April 1, 2010, as the Director of Faculty Development Programs. The Chief Medical Officer and Office of Faculty Affairs work closely with the department chairpersons to support the following efforts:
- Develop and maintain a consistent recruitment and hiring process for faculty;
- Promote gender and ethnic diversity in the faculty;
- Provide a fair and comprehensive credentialing process; and to
- Establish faculty development programs, including a mentoring program, orientation program for new faculty, an annual review process, a leadership development program, and an academic and clinical development program.
Through these and other efforts, MetroHealth continues to demonstrate its commitment to:
- Gender, racial and ethnic diversity in the faculty and physician workforce, which generally reflects the racial, gender and ethnic composition of medical school graduates;
- Fair recruitment, effective mentoring and the development and retention of a diverse faculty and physician workforce;
- Effective diversity and anti-discrimination/harassment training for all members of the faculty and physician workforce;
- Salary equity for faculty and medical staff across gender, racial and ethnic lines; and
- Increased diversity in faculty and physician leadership positions.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Dr. Al Connors, Chief Quality Officer, at [email protected].