To strengthen communities by building healthy and lasting connections through advocacy, access, and education.
The Trauma Recovery Center provides help to patients and families who need it. Services are free, and there's no enrollment process.
If you've suffered a traumatic injury, we'll reach out to you during your inpatient stay. If you're a community member who wasn't treated at MetroHealth, contact us and we'll link you to the right resources and services.
What We Do
- Peer Visitor and Mentorship Programs
- Trauma Survivors Support Group
- Victims of Crime Support
- Community Events
- Provider Education and Support
- Recovery Coaching
- Outpatient Assessment screenings for symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Provider Engagement Initiatives
A group of over fifteen survivors volunteer as a Peer Visitors. The experiences and injuries these survivors have overcome vary, but above all, each is dedicated to helping others recover.Meet our peer visitors