MetroHealth Old Brooklyn Medical Center Support Services
Important Phone Numbers
Together with your primary care provider, the support services team members are available to address any barriers to your health care.
These services are provided by MetroHealth free of charge.
These programs are voluntary, and you can decline services at any time.
Patient Care Navigator
- Provide help with appointment scheduling and reminders
- Provide health maintenance outreach
- Locate needed hospital and community resources
Legal Aid Attorney
Legal help is provided by a Legal Aid attorney who works in partnership with MetroHealth.
*For our Traditional Medicare patients.
- Provide help with wills and Advanced Directives
- Civil legal issues involving housing, public benefits, Social Security/Pensions and long-term care issues
- Provide help with financial issues including loans, contracts and bankruptcy
- Provide insurance and financial guidance
- Provide brief counseling for adjustment to diagnosis and other life issues
- Provide nursing home and assisted living education
- Assist with Advance Directives and senior planning
- Provide insurance enrollment through the Healthcare Exchange
- Assist with the Medicaid application
- Determine eligibility for financial assistance programs
Access Your Benefits Counselor
Provides help with the following:
- prescription drug discounts
- health care benefits
- senior employment programs
- property tax relief
- community discount programs
- applications for food stamps and QMB