ExpressCare or ER?
How to Know Where to Go
When is an injury or health condition serious enough for a call to 911 or a trip to the emergency room? What's more appropriate for a non-emergency express care visit?
When in doubt, call 216-957-1680. If the MetroExpressCare clinic in question can't accommodate your condition, they will advise you to go the nearest emergency facility.
- Allergic reactions (non-life-threatening)
- Animal bites
- Coughs, colds, and sore throats
- Ear infections
- Fever or flu-like symptoms
- Mild asthma
- Minor burns, injuries or cuts
- Rash or other skin irritations/infections
- Sprains and strains
- Bleeding that does not stop
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Drug or other poisoning
- Loss of consciousness
- Major burns
- Sudden loss of or blurred vision