Main Campus Emergency Department Entrance Construction
Just as our new MetroHealth hospital is changing the Cleveland skyline, a new walkway from the new main campus hospital to the Emergency Department (ED) is about to take shape, affecting the traffic pattern on Scranton Road.
A small stretch of Scranton Road in front of MetroHealth Main Campus will be closed Oct. 4 - 9 due to construction of a new helipad for Metro Life Flight.
Scranton Road will be closed in both directions from Southpoint Drive to near MetroHealth Drive. Traffic and busses will be rerouted to West 25th Street. MetroHealth police officers will be posted in the area to direct traffic during busy times.
Patients will not be able to be dropped off in front of the Outpatient Pavilion, although the outpatient parking garage will remain open. The Emergency Department will remain accessible to cars.
Planning your visit:
- Please allow extra travel time for scheduled appointments.
- Emergencies are still emergencies. The entrance remains available for emergency services only.
- Valet parking and drop offs will be available at ED entrance for emergency visits only.
- All outpatient appointments and procedures should use the Main Campus/Towers entrance for drop off and pickup.
- Valet parking is available for outpatient services at the Main Campus entrance.
- Visitor parking continues to be available at Southpoint lot, North Garage and Plaza Garage.