Dietetic Application Procedure
The MetroHealth Dietetic Internship Program accepts up to four Dietetic Interns each year during the Spring Match. See Selection Criteria.
In general, applications can be started in December, and the deadline to submit is in February, with final selection occurring in April.
Specific timelines for applying for the Spring Match can be found on the eatrightPRO Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Internship Match page.
Computer MatchingMetroHealth Dietetic Internship Program is one of many programs that participate in computer matching. You must register online with D&D Digital for computer matching. There is a $55.00 computer matching fee that is due when you complete your prioritized ranking. For more information, visit D&D Digital’s website.
Online Internship ApplicationThe Dietetic Internship program uses the online centralized internship application service, DICAS. Those interested in applying, access the application here or email [email protected]. The fee to use DICAS is $50 for the first application submitted and $25 for each additional application. Your Didactic Program Director and/or faculty advisor can be a resource person for information and guidance for the appointment process. The Accreditation staff at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is also available to answer your questions. Call 1-800-877-1600 ext. 5400 or e-mail [email protected]
MetroHealth Application Fee
In addition to DICAS and D&D Digital's fees, MetroHealth charges a non-refundable program fee of $50 to review applications. The application will not be processed without a MetroHealth application fee payment.
To pay the program fee, please choose one of the following:
Mail a check made out to The MetroHealth Foundation after you have completed the DICAS online application to:
MetroHealth Medical Center
Outpatient Nutrition Clinic
Specialty Bldg, Room 2010
c/o Myriam Lamboy
2500 MetroHealth Drive
Cleveland, OH 44109
Questions regarding the MetroHealth program should be sent to Jennifer Bier, Director of the Dietetic Internship at MetroHealth at [email protected] or by calling 216-778-5203.
- Grade Point Average: Science GPA and Professional GPA, a minimum of 2.5 is needed for each to be reviewed.
- Personal Statement: Responses are limited to 1,000 words. Questions to be addressed include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Letters of Recommendation: Letters written by persons who know the applicant in an academic/professional capacity and are specific to the applicant are the most significant.
- Work Experience: Experience in the field of dietetics is beneficial, both paid and voluntary. Other experience is also reviewed and considered.
- Activities & Extracurriculars: Volunteer leadership activities are reviewed for consideration into the program.
Once all DICAS applications are reviewed, phone interviews will be conducted for the top candidates between the February deadline and the April appointment. If you have been selected for an interview, we will contact you either via telephone or email using the information provided on your DICAS application.
The MetroHealth Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program does not discriminate with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, handicap or age.