MetroHealth Community Health Centers (MHCHC)
In December 2018, MetroHealth partnered with a patient-led community Board of Directors to launch the MetroHealth Community Health Centers, a public entity Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike (FQHC LAL).
Formally approved as a part of HRSA’s Health Center Program in March 2020, the MHCHC supports inclusive and equitable community wellbeing, in collaboration with our patients, partnering with the MetroHealth System and other critical community organizations, in a sustainable and effective manner.
We provide comprehensive primary care including medical, dental, behavioral health and supportive services.
Administration and Timeline
- The MHCHC administrative offices are based at the MetroHealth main campus, and the initial clinical site was the Glenville Community Health Center (also referred to as J. Glenn Smith)
- The Broadway Dental Clinic (located in the Broadway Health Center) was added in July 2021
- The MHCHC Mobile Clinic* (which includes part of the School Health Program) was added in August 2021
*The MHCHC Outreach Team takes primary care services directly to the community in partnership with community organizations including homeless shelters, social service organizations, and local schools. For more information, please contact 216-778-4900.
MHCHC Board of Directors
The MHCHC is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of health center patients and overall representative of the communities served by the MHCHC. The Board meets monthly and is responsible for implementation of the Health Center Program requirements.
2020-2021 Board Members
- Debra Abercrumbie - Board Member
- Ruby Black - Board Member
- Dr. Ronald Fountain - Treasurer
- Dr. Shirley Jordan Seay - Secretary / Parliamentarian
- Daniel K. Lewis - Past Chair
- Brenda Roth-Metzger - Board Member
- Linda Ryan-Allen - Board Member
- Mellany Seay - Board Member
- Dr. E. Harry Walker - Board Chair, Quality Committee Chair
Kate Fox Nagel, DrPH, MPH
Chief Executive Officer, MetroHealth Community Health Centers