How To Get Started
To become a volunteer at MetroHealth:
- View our volunteer opportunities. Here you can learn about current volunteer needs, including locations and times.
- Complete the online application. You will receive an email from Volunteer Services upon receipt of your application.
- Interview with the Volunteer Services team. Look for an email from Volunteer Services to arrange your interview. If you are age 18 or over, you will complete a criminal background check at the interview. You will also schedule your onboarding appointment during your interview.
- Complete an onboarding appointment. This appointment includes fingerprinting and drug/nicotine screening* (if 18 or over), a photo for your ID badge, a blood draw for TB screening and a seasonal flu shot. These mandatory requirements are provided free of charge. The appointment takes place at MetroHealth Medical Center and can last up to two hours. *Please note that use of e-cigarettes (vaping) and nicotine replacement therapy products (gum, patches, etc.) are not permitted and will result in a positive screening.
- Attend volunteer orientation. You will receive an email invitation for a 2-hour orientation, offered twice per month at MetroHealth Medical Center.
- Complete training for your specific volunteer role. Training may be provided on your first day or in advance.
Photo above: Volunteers from Home Depot and KeyBank spent a day helping pediatric inpatients and children who attend the Aamoth Family Pediatric Wellness Center plant strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, flowers and more.
One of MetroHealth’s most recognized and admired volunteers is crushing it.Read Herb's Story