To become a volunteer at MetroHealth:
- View our volunteer opportunities. Learn about current volunteer needs, including locations and times.
- Complete the online application. You will receive an email from Volunteer Services upon receipt of your application.
- Interview with the Volunteer Services team. Look for an email from Volunteer Services to arrange your interview.
- Complete an onboarding appointment. This appointment includes fingerprinting and drug screening (if 18 or over), a photo for your ID badge, a blood draw for TB screening and a seasonal flu shot. These mandatory requirements are provided free of charge. The appointment takes place at MetroHealth Medical Center and can last up to two hours.
- Attend volunteer orientation. You will receive an invitation for an orientation, offered virtually.
- Complete training for your specific volunteer role. Training may be provided on your first day or in advance.
Photo above: Volunteers from Home Depot and KeyBank spent a day helping pediatric inpatients and children who attend the Aamoth Family Pediatric Wellness Center plant strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, flowers and more.
Call 216-778-4471 or email [email protected] for more information. Or apply online.