How To Get Started
To become a volunteer at MetroHealth:
- View our volunteer opportunities. Here you can learn about current volunteer needs, including locations and times.
- Complete the online application. You will receive an email from Volunteer Services upon receipt of your application.
- Interview with the Volunteer Services team. Look for an email from Volunteer Services to arrange your interview. If you are age 18 or over, you will complete a criminal background check at the interview. You will also schedule your onboarding appointment during your interview.
- Complete an onboarding appointment. This appointment includes fingerprinting and drug/nicotine screening* (if 18 or over), a photo for your ID badge, a blood draw for TB screening and a seasonal flu shot. These mandatory requirements are provided free of charge. The appointment takes place at MetroHealth Medical Center and can last up to two hours. *Please note that use of e-cigarettes (vaping) and nicotine replacement therapy products (gum, patches, etc.) are not permitted and will result in a positive screening.
- Attend volunteer orientation. You will receive an email invitation for a 2-hour orientation, offered twice per month at MetroHealth Medical Center.
- Complete training for your specific volunteer role. Training may be provided on your first day or in advance.
Photo above: Volunteers from Home Depot and KeyBank spent a day helping pediatric inpatients and children who attend the Aamoth Family Pediatric Wellness Center plant strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, flowers and more.