MetroHealth offers specialty medications that include:
- Biologic injectables
- Oral oncology prescriptions
- Drugs used to treat severe and chronic conditions, such as hepatitis C and HIV
Many of these medicines come with prior health plan authorization and other requirements. We offer next day or same day shipping options for specialty orders.
If at any point a medication substitution needs to be made, our specialty pharmacy staff members will inform you of the changes made with your physician’s approval. A medication will be substituted with a generic equivalent drug if applicable with the medication prescribed.
Around the clock clinical on-call access is available for mail order and specialty pharmacy services. Our facility is fully licensed to serve patients within the state of Ohio.
To arrange for a delivery of a new or refill specialty medication:
- Ask your doctor to send the prescriptions electronically to MetroHealth Valley View Mail Order Pharmacy.
- Written or hard copy prescriptions can be mailed to our pharmacy: MetroHealth Mail Order Pharmacy, 9885 Rockside Rd. - Suite 157, Valley View, OH 44125
- Refills can be requested by calling our Service Excellence Team at 216-957-MEDS (6337), option 3; online, or through our RefillRx mobile app.
Patient Assistance Programs
Patient assistance programs are also available for those who qualify. Once approved, the specialty team will arrange the delivery method for your medication.
If insurance does not allow us to fill your prescription, our pharmacy staff will transfer the prescription via phone or fax to the new pharmacy and alert you of where and when you will receive your prescription.