MetroHealth’s New Birthing Center
When you’re having a baby, you want the most comfortable environment for you, your family, and your friends to welcome your baby to the world. You’ll get just that—and more!— at the new MetroHealth Birthing Center.
With Cleveland’s newest rooms for families and babies, the MetroHealth Birthing Center ensures that your baby’s first moments are welcoming for the entire family.
Plus, with a new state-of-the-art NICU, you’ll have confidence that your baby is in the right place if complex care is needed—close to you and the providers who are specialists in NICU care.
Cleveland’s Newest Rooms for Families and Babies
When you’re having a baby, you want the most comfortable environment for you, your family, and your friends to welcome your baby to the world.
With private rooms that include space for a support person or family member to spend the night, spacious showers in every room, and natural lighting, the new MetroHealth Birthing Center is focused on making baby’s first moments peaceful for the entire family.
The new MetroHealth Birthing Center includes:
- 10 beautiful, state-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms
- 27 private patient rooms for post-partum care, including comfortable furniture and pull-out beds for overnight guests
- Continued Care Nursery dedicated to babies who need care after mothers are discharged
- Private, spacious showers
- Natural light in the birthing rooms
- Calming, patient-controlled colored mood lighting
- Flexible options for laboring mothers including tubs
- Advanced wireless fetal monitoring system
- Dedicated advanced newborn care space in each delivery room, if needed
- Labor and delivery rooms in the same unit as post-partum rooms, limiting baby’s movement within the hospital
- 10 private rooms for complex care when needed prior to delivery
MetroHealth obstetricians work with our experienced nursing staff, providing the individualized care you need.Read more
Committed to listening to your needs and respectfully providing you with prenatal, labor and delivery care that considers your needs and wishes.Meet the team
Learn more about your pregnancy journey and what to expect when delivering at MetroHealth - all tailored to your due date.Subscribe