Quality Nursing CareMetroHealth nurses have achieved the highest national recognition, placing MetroHealth among the nation's elite hospitals.
Promoting optimal health and wellness for our community through professional collaboration, applied innovation and advanced continuing education within a culturally diverse environment.
To be recognized nationally as the most distinguished professional nursing staff for:
- Dedication to the community we serve
- Compassionate and culturally sensitive care
- Outstanding nursing practice
Nursing Companion Values
MetroHealth nurses have achieved the highest national recognition, placing MetroHealth among the nation's elite hospitals.
Magnet designation is the gold standard in nursing care excellence, awarded by the American Nurse Credentialing Center. It affirms the beliefs we practice every day: that every life is worth saving, restoring and enhancing. In fact, hospitals with the Magnet designation demonstrate better patient outcomes, lower mortality rates, shorter lengths of stay, and increased patient satisfaction.
In addition, MetroHealth received six exemplars for exceptional practices in nursing:
- Transformation Leadership - Mentoring and succession/career planning
- Structural Empowerment - Nursing involvement in, and organizational support for, community health outreach
- Exemplary Practice - Nurse satisfaction/engagement
- Exemplary Practice - Care coordination
- New Knowledge and Innovation - Clinical nurses’ research dissemination of findings through presentations and publications
- Structural Empowerment - Nurses collaboration with interdisciplinary care teams
MetroHealth is proud to be one of the few public hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet re-designation, and proud of our nurses for bringing our beliefs to life every day.
Current Shared Governance Structure
The partnership that exists between administration, management and the frontline nurses is unique, innovative and supportive. Our clinical nurses are developed, directed and empowered by our nursing leaders to make changes to their practice and enhance the patient experience, using evidence-based practices and our shared governance model. This shared governance structure is sustained through a variety of councils, and allows our nurses to have a voice in decision-making and to be heard throughout The MetroHealth System.