MetroHealth N.E.T. stands for Now, Every day, Tomorrow (N.E.T.). As an affiliated committee of the MetroHealth Foundation Board, this group of young-professional, civically minded leaders are committed to advancing The MetroHealth System's mission, expanding the network of members, and creating a culture of philanthropic support.
Our mission is to leverage the resources of the emerging professionals community to promote and sustain MetroHealth initiatives to create a healthier Northeast Ohio community.
Current Projects & Events
Raising the N.E.T. Raises More Than $10,000 for the Transformation
Thank you to everyone who came out to Force-Sports Eastlake on Saturday, July 28, 2018 for the fifth annual Raising the N.E.T.s Volleyball Tournament! More than 100 players on 16 teams supported the Volleyball Tournament, helping to raise more than $10,000 that will go to support the MetroHealth Transformation.
A special thanks to the following sponsors:
Tucker Ellis & West LLP
Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Day Star Staffing, LLC
Fifth Third Bank
Oswald Companies (no team)
Reese Pharmaceutical Company
Charlie & Mary Lou Kennedy
Past Projects & Events
Inaugural MetroHealth N.E.T. Fast Pitch a Success!
Thank you to everyone who supported the first-ever MetroHealth N.E.T. Fast Pitch on April 20, 2018! More than 100 people attended the event at Magnolia Night Club in the Flats.
A proposal to transform an underused outdoor courtyard space at MetroHealth’s Old Brooklyn Health Center into a welcoming therapy garden was the top vote-getter. Submitted by clinical dietician Angela Majerle and presented by physical therapist Amy Lengyel and patient advocate/volunteer Herb Werner, the therapy garden at the MetroHealth Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio at OBC will receive $5,000 to go toward implementation.
Four other proposals also will receive funding. Brenda Kirk and Rob Durham, the current and past Chair of The MetroHealth Foundation Board of Directors, announced their commitment following the audience vote.
The other Fast Pitch Live proposals:
- BREAST/Amigas: Reduce out of pocket costs for cancer patients by providing support for the purchase of mastectomy items and transportation.
- Digital Literacy Needs: Increase the access community residents and MetroHealth staff have to technical literacy training.
- TelePrEP: Increase access and adherence to PrEP – an innovative, effective and safe strategy to prevent the transmission of HIV - using video and telephone visits with patients.
- West 25th Gateway: Beautify the traffic islands to create an entry gateway into the Clark-Fulton and Brooklyn-Centre neighborhoods.
With all five of the Fast Pitch entries one step closer to implementation, MetroHealth patients and the community – who will benefit from these innovative ideas – are the real winners. Let the hard work begin!
Interested in learning more about N.E.T. upcoming events? Contact Laurie Wise-Maher at [email protected] or 440-592-1397.
Other Past Projects
- Arts in Medicine
- Office of Opioid Safety
- MetroHealth Simulation Center (SIM Center)
- Doctors (and other Health Professionals) On The Street Program (DOTS)
- Pediatric Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Program (PM&R)
- Community Advocacy Program (CAP): Re-entry Program
- MetroHealth Pediatric Wellness Center - Supporting by covering the cost of kids to run in local races, providing incentives and volunteering.
- Reach Out & Read - Acquiring new and gently used books to be given to MetroHealth pediatric patients at clinic appointments.
- Trauma Survivors Network - Supporting their "We Got You Covered Campaign" for trauma patients and their families (blankets, tote bags, chapsticks, water bottles).
Questions about MetroHealth N.E.T.? Contact Laurie Wise-Maher at [email protected] or 440-592-1397.