Few people want to think about trauma care, but if the unexpected happens, it's good to know MetroHealth's Trauma Center is ready to help when every second counts.
- Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatrics Trauma Center
- Cleveland Metro Life Flight
- Burn Care Center verified for the care of both adults and children by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- Newsweek’s Best Physical Rehabilitation Centers 2020
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® AFIB Gold Quality Achievement Award
- American Heart Association’s 2020 Get With The Guidelines® Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
The Care You Need for Traumatic Injuries
There are medical emergencies, and there are traumatic, life-threatening injuries that require care in the moment and long-term care later, as you recover. At MetroHealth, people of all ages are brought via ambulance, helicopter or car to our trauma center due to:
- Car crashes
- Gunshot wounds
- Blunt trauma
- Stab wounds
- Head injury and traumatic brain injury
- Additional complex injuries
These life-threatening injuries often require more care—more surgeons, more equipment, more nurses and more expertise—than a standard emergency room can provide. For more information, see Emergency Department. To protect your everyday health needs, make an appointment with a MetroHealth primary care provider.
There is no rating available for this provider for one of two reasons: he or she does not see patients, or has not received the minimum number of patient survey responses.