The MetroHealth Department of Nursing
This excellence is built upon the Nursing Mission of promoting optimal health and wellness for the community through professional collaboration, applied innovation and advanced continuing education within a culturally diverse environment. Shared governance and professional practice models are the foundation for decision-making, which results in the empirical outcomes achieved by MetroHealth nurses.
The empowerment and professionalism of the nursing staff resound throughout the system, and through evidence-based practice, research and performance improvement, MetroHealth Nurses continue to advance nursing practice and improve patient outcomes.
Apply online at MetroHealth's careers page.
MetroHealth is a 17-time winner of the Employers Resource Council “Northcoast 99 - Best Places to Work in Northeast Ohio.”
Questions? Please e-mail [email protected].Please Note: All jobs are listed on the Career Site.
Start your Nursing Career with MetroHealth
- Competitive wages
- Off-shift & weekend differentials
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (vacation, sick and holiday)
- OPERS - Ohio Public Employee Retirement/Pension plan
- Parking garages a short walk into the hospitals
Med/Surg Nursing Positions – *$6,000 SIGN ON BONUS Available
- RN - Medicine 11B, Full Time Day/Night
- RN - Medicine 9B, Full Time - Nights
- RN - Medicine 9C, Full Time - Nights
County Correctional Medicine – new section
Cardiology Invasive Lab – *$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS Available
Trauma, Emergency, ICU Nursing Positions
- Emergency Medicine, Main Campus, 72hrs, Nights
- Neuro ICU, Main Campus, 72hrs, D/N Rotation
- Nurse Manager, Emergency Medicine Clev Hts
- Operating Room, 72hrs, Rotating
Resource Nurse Positions with a $5/Hour Premium
Nursing Support Positions
- STNA openings are listed as Patient Care Nurse Assistant (PCNA)
- Medical Assistants openings are listed as Medical Team Assistants (MTA)
- Patient Sitters are listed as Behavioral Observers (BO)
Current New Graduate Nursing Positions
- Apply to clinical department of interest
Nurse Residency Transition to Practice Program
MetroHealth System Nurse Residency Transition to Practice is accredited with distinction as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
ANCC Practice Transition Accreditation validates hospital nurse residency programs that transition registered nurses (RNs) into new practice settings that meet rigorous, evidence-based standards for quality and excellence. Nurses in accredited transition programs, like the Nurse Residency Program, experience curricula that promote the acquisition of knowledge, skills and professional behaviors necessary to deliver safe, high-quality care.
For more information regarding MetroHealth’s Nurse Residency Transition to Practice Program, contact: [email protected]