The MetroHealth Department of Nursing
The MetroHealth Department of Nursing consistently demonstrates excellence in nursing. As a three-time Magnet® Recognized organization, MetroHealth is one of the few public hospitals nationwide to achieve Magnet recognition.
This excellence is built upon the Nursing Mission of promoting optimal health and wellness for the community through professional collaboration, applied innovation and advanced continuing education within a culturally diverse environment. Shared governance and professional practice models are the foundation for decision-making, which results in the empirical outcomes achieved by MetroHealth nurses.
The empowerment and professionalism of the nursing staff resound throughout the system, and through evidence-based practice, research and performance improvement, MetroHealth Nurses continue to advance nursing practice and improve patient outcomes.
Apply online at MetroHealth's careers page.
MetroHealth is a 15-time winner of the Employers Resource Council “Northcoast 99 - Best Places to Work in Northeast Ohio.”
Questions? Please e-mail [email protected].Career Site.
Start your Nursing Career with MetroHealth
- Competitive wages
- Off-shift & weekend differentials
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (vacation, sick and holiday)
- OPERS - Ohio Public Employee Retirement/Pension plan
- Parking garages a short walk into the hospitals
Trauma, Emergency, ICU Nursing Positions
- Emergency Medicine, Main Campus, 72Hrs, D/N Rotation
- Emergency Medicine, Cleveland Heights Campus, 72hrs, Nights
- Emergency Medicine, Parma Campus, 72hrs, Nights
- Cardiac ICU, 72hrs, D/N Rotation
- Neuro ICU, 72hrs, D/N Rotation
- Trauma ICU, 72hrs, Nights
- Resource Nurse, Trauma/Critical Care, 72hrs, Nights - $5/hour Premium!
Nursing Leadership Positions
- Director of Nursing - Correctional Medicine
- RN House Supervisor, Inpatient Units, 80hrs, Nights
- RNurse Manager - Cardiology Stepdown
- Nurse Manager - Medicine/Stroke/Tele 9C
- Nursing Supervisor - Inpatient Rehab Units, South Campus, 64hrs, Rotating Shifts
Current Clinical Nursing Positions
- Medicine, Stroke, Tele Unit 9B - Main Campus, Full Time
- Surgical Floor 8A/8B, 72hrs, D/N Rotation
- Rehab Nursing Ortho/Spine 6N, 64hrs, Nights
Nursing Support Positions
- STNA openings are listed as Customer Care Partners (CCP)
- Medical Assistants openings are listed as Medical Team Assistants (MTA)
- Patient Sitters are listed as Behavioral Observers (BO)
Current New Graduate Nursing Positions
- Apply to clinical department of interest
Nurse Residency Transition to Practice Program
MetroHealth System Nurse Residency Transition to Practice is accredited with distinction as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
ANCC Practice Transition Accreditation validates hospital nurse residency programs that transition registered nurses (RNs) into new practice settings that meet rigorous, evidence-based standards for quality and excellence. Nurses in accredited transition programs, like the Nurse Residency Program, experience curricula that promote the acquisition of knowledge, skills and professional behaviors necessary to deliver safe, high-quality care.
For more information regarding MetroHealth’s Nurse Residency Transition to Practice Program, contact:
Ann Marie Anderson, MSN, RN
Coordinator, Nurse Residency Program
Department of Nursing