Summer 2020 Student Volunteer Program
Applications are now being accepted for the Summer 2020 Student Volunteer Program.
Deadline for applications: Friday, April 17.
Volunteer assignments are limited and made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Thank you for your interest in the Summer 2020 Student Volunteer Program at MetroHealth.
Details about the program
For high school students
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Must volunteer a minimum of six weeks – June through August 2020
- Must volunteer once or twice per week for a three-hour shift on a scheduled basis
For college students
- Can start in May
- Shifts can include evenings and weekends
What do MetroHealth volunteers do?
Choose from a variety of opportunities. Download our list of Summer 2020 Student Volunteer Opportunities.
How do I apply?
- Go to our online application
- Look for the Summer Student Volunteer Program Application link
- Complete the form and submit by Friday, April 17th .
What happens after I submit my application?
- You will be contacted by email to schedule a phone interview.
- Details will be provided about a free, mandatory flu vaccine and tuberculin (TB) blood draw.
- If you are 18 or over, you will be fingerprinted, receive a background check and drug/nicotine urine test screening.
- You will attend a mandatory volunteer orientation on Saturday, May 9th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or Wednesday, May 20th from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
What do volunteers wear?
You will receive a short-sleeve polo shirt at your orientation. Wear the shirt with casual pants – no jeans or shorts.