Trauma Recovery Support Group
The MetroHealth System has always been at the forefront of patient-centered care. Trauma Recovery Services continues to exemplify the System mission by supporting patients and families in our community. The Trauma Recovery support group is designed to provide encouragement and support to trauma survivors by connecting them to a network of peers who are recovering from traumatic injuries and/or are loved one(s) of individuals healing from injury.
Benefits of the Group include:
- Opportunity to share experiences
- Can help ease anxiety and frustration
- Learn new ways to cope
- Establish a support system after leaving the hospital
Support Group & Events Schedule 2020
Support Group meetings are held at MetroHealth Main Campus Medical Center in room R172B, Rammelkamp Atrium near the coffee shop.
Refreshments are provided, and parking is validated.
- Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 at 6 PM
- Wednesday, March 18th, 2020 at 6 PM
- Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 at 6pm
- Wednesday, July 15th, 2020 at 6 PM
- Wednesday, September 16th, 2020 at 6 PM
- Wednesday, November 18th, 2020 at 6 PM
Community events and celebrations are held annually by Trauma Recovery Services or in collaboration with other departments.
National Trauma Survivors Day
Wednesday, May 20th, 2020
MetroHealth Resiliency Run - Learn more
Saturday, June 20th, 2020
Peer Visitor Appreciation Dinner
Wednesday, October 21st, 2020
Wednesday, December 16th, 2020