Stroke Support Group
At MetroHealth, stroke survivors and their families are never alone. Your neurologist will see you within a month after your stroke. We also offer resources to help you:
- Stroke Support Group: Learn about healthy changes you can make to help you recover.
- Peer Support Program: Connects you to a stroke survivor volunteer who can offer hope, advice and support.
The MetroHealth Department of Neurology sponsors a stroke support group for stroke survivors, their family members and caregivers. Continuous therapy and support are integral to recovery and improvement in the quality of life after stroke.
In addition to education, resources and coping strategies, the stroke support group offers patients, their families and caregivers fellowship, recreational opportunities and much more. Participants talk about the difficulties they have encountered after stroke and realize others are experiencing similar situations. It provides members with reassurance that they are not alone in their recovery.
- Download the Meeting Schedule [PDF]
This schedule is tentative; please call to confirm topic.
- All Stroke Support Group meetings are held from 1:30 - 3 p.m. at the MetroHealth Medical Center, Old Brooklyn, room T-65.
- For more information or to RSVP, call 216-778-5420.