- Our Team
- Brain Center
- Headache, Facial Pain and Botox Clinic
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Clinic
- Neurocritical Care Unit
- Neurointerventional Radiology
- Stroke and Cerebrovascular Center
Acute Stroke Ready Hospitals
MetroHealth Parma and Brecksville emergency departments have been designated as Acute Stroke Ready hospitals by the Joint Commission. They are the only free-standing emergency departments in Northeast Ohio to attain this level of certification.
Both emergency departments have met rigid criteria designed by the American Stroke Association and the American Heart Association. Both the Brecksville and Parma locations are now recognized for the level of initial care it provides stroke victims. Our teams can rapidly recognize the signs of stroke, diagnose a stroke and begin initial treatment.
What standards do hospitals have to meet to be certified as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital?
The following benchmarks must be met to achieve certification as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital:
- A dedicated stroke-focused program
- Staffing by qualified medical professionals trained in stroke care
- A qualified practitioner assesses a suspected stroke patient within 15 minutes of arrival
- Diagnostic imaging and laboratory testing is done quickly to facilitate the administration of IV thrombolytics in eligible patients
- Telemedicine is available within 20 minutes of it being deemed necessary
- Transfer protocols are in place with a PSC or CSC for the continuation of stroke care
- Streamlined flow of patient information while protecting patient rights, security and privacy
- Use of data to assess and continually improve quality of care for stroke patients
There is no rating available for this provider for one of two reasons: he or she does not see patients, or has not received the minimum number of patient survey responses.