Peer Visitor Program
Peer Visitors are trauma survivors; having survived their own personal traumatic experiences and injuries. The MetroHealth Peer Visitor program offers patients and their loved ones an opportunity to talk with a trained volunteer during their hospital stay.
Benefits of Meeting a Peer Visitor Include:
- Sharing an experience with someone who can directly relate to what you are going through
- Offering hope, wisdom, and perspective
- Learning practical tips on moving forward
- Receiving encouragement and support
- Getting answers to questions from the perspective of someone who has ‘been there’
- Feeling less anxious, afraid, and alone
- Peer Visitors can serve as positive role models for future recovery
There is no rating available for this provider for one of two reasons: he or she does not see patients, or has not received the minimum number of patient survey responses.