- Qualified candidates must have completed a master's degree (MBA, MHA, MHSA or equivalent coursework) or be a degree candidate who is on schedule to complete the degree before the fellowship commences in July with a focus on healthcare management.
- Preferred candidates hold a master's degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) or Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB); applications from non-CAHME programs will also be considered.
- The MetroHealth System does not sponsor international visas for this fellowship.
- Candidates need to have prior healthcare industry experience (such as an internship, externship, fellowship, or applicable employment, preferably in a hospital or significant ambulatory setting).
- Interested individuals should possess broad knowledge of current and historical perspectives on healthcare business management and administration, clinical practice management, clinical research and education, hospital administration and management, finance, human resources and organizational development, information systems, and managed care.
- The individual selected must be collaborative and a quick study. He/she must possess a high degree of analytic ability, be able to manage multiple priorities and pivot from one assignment to the next with ease, and be driven by personal values that are consistent with the System’s values. Their drive to succeed must be based upon the best interests of the organization.