- Unwavering commitment to the community, opportunity to care for patients from all walks of life and in many types of practice settings. More than 20 percent of MetroHealth’s operating expenses are devoted to community programs.
- Dynamic workplace where diversity is celebrated and everyone can be part of the success. In the last year, approximately 50 percent of the physicians hired and 33 percent of the nurses hired represented racial, ethnic and/or gender diversity.
- National leaders in health care and research including an NIH-designated Center of Excellence in health disparities and community-based participatory research.
- Primary care practice volume increase of 17 percent in the last two years.
- Affiliation since 1914 with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s top 25 medical schools.
- Opportunity to become part of a clinical, operational and structural transformation at MetroHealth. The recent completion of 85 state-of-the-art ICU rooms and a Special Disease Care Unit will be followed by other buildings and The MetroHealth Glick Center in the next six to seven years.
- A growing network of more than 20 community health centers to date throughout the entire county, bringing care to where people live, work, play. In the last year, the expansion included three 24/7 community emergency departments and two ambulatory surgery centers.