MetroHealth Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio
A critical phase in the continuum of rehabilitation is returning to a productive life in the community and workforce. Individuals find pride and a sense of purpose when returning to work.
The Vocational Services Program at MetroHealth Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio, which is CARF Accredited, provides assistance to individuals with disabilities who are seeking employment, education or other meaningful life goals. To schedule an appointment or to make a referral, please call (216) 778- 4414.
Who would benefit from the Vocational Services Program?
The program serves individuals who have experienced the following medical conditions:
• Brain injury, stroke or other neurological impairment
• Spinal cord injury
• Industrial injury
• Orthopedic or Neuromuscular Injury
• Other traumatic injuries or illnesses
How does the program help individuals with disabilities?
The licensed and certified rehabilitation counselors identify the individual’s assets, limitations and work tolerances by evaluating:
• Capabilities and limitations
• Interests and comprehension
• Obstacles to employment
The rehabilitation counselor will also identify an individual’s transferable skills acquired through work history, education or prior training.
The rehabilitation counselor provides one-on-one counseling to identify realistic goals and plans related to work or education. Services may include:
• Career exploration and career counseling
• Adjustment to disability
• Academic counseling
• Benefits analysis and consultation
• Identify and referral to community resources
Includes job seeking skills training, job analysis, job placement, and job retention.
Rehabilitation counselors establish an individual plan focused on the following services:
- Job seeking skills training – focuses on interview techniques, resume development, completing job applications and correspondence with employers.
- Job analysis - an evaluation in order to clarify the functions of a particular job and whether or not the job can be performed successfully; recommendations and modifications may be suggested.
- Job placement and development – focuses on identifying or creating suitable employment.
- Job coaching – provides assistance with learning job responsibilities, identifying functions and capabilities, and educating employers; rehabilitation counselors may also consult the rehabilitation team to facilitate client success on the job.
- Job retention – this service is provided for working individuals and is designed to ensure success with retaining employment.
The rehabilitation counselor provides additional assistance as needed including navigating transportation, identifying adaptive equipment and ergonomic adaptations and workstation modifications to mitigate barriers to employment.
Is this program be covered by insurance?
All insurance policies are different; however, we will work with you to verify coverage or determine payment options.
Vocational Services at The MetroHealth Rehabilitation Institute of Ohio is an approved provider for Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities.
Our team of experts works closely with each individual to ensure success and achieve employment or education goals. To schedule an appointment or to make a referral, please call (216) 778- 4414.