Our Hands to Heart Reiki Clinic, established in 2006, is held at MetroHealth's main campus, in the Cancer Care Center and Dermatology Clinic. Patients are invited to experience Reiki in our clinics by appointment only.
The Hands to Heart Reiki Clinic at MetroHealth is highlighted in The Center for Reiki Research including Reiki in Hospitals at www.centerforreikiresearch.org
What Is Reiki?
Reiki is a very gentle, extremely pleasant, deeply relaxing, hands-on, healing-touch therapy. Translated from Japanese, "Reiki" means "Universal Life Energy." Worldwide, doctors, surgeons, hospitals, and medical facilities offer Reiki to their patients, including those here at MetroHealth Medical Center.
- Reiki works naturally to facilitate healing. It helps the healing effects of medical therapies, as well as counseling.
- It does not interfere with any form of medical treatment.
- It can be used on people of any age — from infants to the elderly — and in any state of health, including hospice care.
- It can reduce the unwanted side effects of medical therapies. It can shorten healing time, help with pain control, reduce stress, tension, anxiety and depression, reduce swelling, inflammation and bleeding, and lower blood pressure and heart rate.
- It is gentle enough to reduce the discomforts of pregnant women and can help ease the pain of childbirth.
- Reiki is not massage nor is it a tool for diagnosing illness and should not be considered a substitute for medical treatment.
To schedule an appointment, call us at
There is no charge to receive a Reiki treatment.