The Elisabeth Severance Prentiss Center at MetroHealth, located on the MetroHealth Medical Center campus, is committed to providing high quality nursing care and rehabilitation services for the most complex cases.
||For More Information or to Schedule a Tour
3525 Scranton Road
Cleveland, OH 44109
View directions and a map
Our caring team of professionals is dedicated to providing the best available health care in a comfortable environment. In fact, The MetroHealth System is renowned for its medical geriatric and rehabilitation services.
Our facility is accessible to freeways and public transportation. For your convenience, there is a parking lot adjacent to the building, provided to you at no charge. We look forward to serving you and your loved ones.
Individuals are admitted to Elisabeth Severance Prentiss Center at MetroHealth from hospitals, other healthcare facilities and throughout the community. Admissions are accepted 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Methods of payment include: Medicare, Managed Care, Insurance, Private Pay and Medicaid. Our admissions office will help you understand how your insurance may cover your stay.
Schedule a Tour
Our caring team of professionals realize that looking for nursing care may be difficult. We are dedicated to helping you make the best decision for your needs. Please feel free to contact the admissions coordinator at 216-957-8100 to obtain more information and to schedule a tour of the facility.
The Elisabeth Severance Prentiss Center at MetroHealth provides dedicated rehabilitation in physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapy. These rehabilitative services are provided by therapists who are licensed, registered and/or certified in their specialties.
Your physician, therapists, and other healthcare team members will meet regularly with you and your family to help determine your treatment plan. You and your family are encouraged to attend these conferences.
Physical therapy includes
- prosthetic management
- gait training, therapeutic exercise
- functional mobility
- Customized programs designed to meet individual patient needs
Occupational therapy evaluates upper extremity functions and the ability to perform daily living tasks such as dressing, feeding, and bathing.
Speech therapy offers individualized treatment addressing hearing, language, cognition, swallowing and speech.
Recreation therapy offers enjoyable activities, individualized to your plan of care.
Intermediate, long-term and skilled care services are provided by our caring staff. The following services are offered:
- Intravenous Therapy (IV)
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- Respiratory care
- Tube Feeding
- Secured Unit
- Geriatric Care
- Respite Care
Making Your Stay Comfortable and Pleasant
Services and amenities include:
- Open and flexible visiting hours
- Patient and family support groups
- Weekly art, music, horticulture and recreational programs
- Daily social activities and special events for holidays
- Protestant, Baptist and Catholic services are regularly scheduled; other denominational services are available on request
- Telephone and television services available in individual rooms
- Language translation services available upon request
- Beauty and Barber Shop services available on-site
- Snack food, fresh fruit and sandwiches are available, 24 hours a day - special dietary needs met
- Patient and family outdoor scenic park
- 24 hour security monitoring
- Personal laundry included
- Pet visitation program
- Wheelchair-adapted bus for community outings
- Patient library offers magazines, books, large print and books on tape and videocassettes
- Patient lounge with media center for visiting/family activities/entertaining