MetroHealth's Pediatric Surgery team treats infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents under 18 years old (young adults with specific problems are also treated). We are committed to excellence in teaching, advancing medical research, and providing the highest quality of care for the surgical needs of children in Northeast Ohio.
Our pediatric surgeons are board-certified by the American Board of Surgery in Pediatric Surgery and are specially qualified to treat congenital malformations, neoplasms, and inflammatory conditions occurring throughout childhood. The team treats a range of disorders that are unique to children or require special expertise, including:
- All hernias and undescended testes in newborns and children
- Chest wall deformities, such as pectus evcavatum
- Malformations and tumors of the lung and mediastinum
- Espophageal atresia and congenital anomalies of the intestine
- Biliary atresia and hepatobiliary cysts and tumors
- Abdominal masses and tumors such as Wilm's tumor and neuroblastoma
- Pediatric colorectal diseases, such as imperforate anus, Hirschsprung's disease, and inflammatory bowel disease
- Cystic hygromas and tumors of the head and neck
- Trauma-related surgeries for children and adult adults
This specialty is staffed by Akron Children's Hospital physicians at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, call 216-778-2745.