The Department of Pathology at MetroHealth Medical Center provides laboratory services for a 731-bed tertiary care facility, which is a major teaching hospital affiliated with Case Western Reserve University (CWRU). The laboratory also offers a wide range of consultative services in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology to outside physicians and institutions. Staffed by Pathologists and PhDs specializing in laboratory medicine, the department is fully accredited by a host of regulatory agencies.
The mission of the Department of Pathology is to provide the highest level of anatomic and laboratory service for the patients served by this hospital and its clinics, to serve as a reservoir of clinical competence, to conduct programs in education and research, and to accomplish all this in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- College of American Pathologists Accredited Laboratory Certificate (PDF)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments: MetroHealth Medical Center Certificate of Accreditation (PDF)
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments: Broadway Health Center Certificate of Accreditation (PDF)