Categorical Residency Positions – Four residents per year.
- Applicant evaluated based on all their experiences.
- Applications are not accepted outside of ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
- November 15th is the deadline to submit an application through ERAS.
- USMLE score requirements: We have not established a specific minimum score.
- There is no limit on the number of years from graduation.
- Interviews are conducted on Wednesdays from November through January except for the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s.
- Recommendation Letters: Three required. It is preferred that one be written from the Chairman of the Department of OB/GYN at your medical school. All should come from senior physicians you have worked with.
- For more information on the program, go to Frieda on-line at www.ama-assn.org/go/meded and click on “Frieda On-Line”.
- International Applicants: All application policies above apply. US experience is preferred. H1-B and J1 visas are acceptable. Permanent US residency is preferred.
Preliminary Year Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology
PGY1 Position – One resident per year.
- One year PGY1 position
- Clinical rotations identical to categorical positions.
- PGY1 accreditation upon completion of the academic year; academic year from July 1st – June 30th.
- Upon completion of this program residents are eligible to begin a PGY2 position at any ACGME accredited Ob/Gyn training program
- Benefits identical to those of all MetroHealth PGY1 Ob/Gyn Residents
- Up to five paid interview days