The Advanced Cardiac Imaging Program is a joint effort of the Heart & Vascular Center and the Department of Radiology at MetroHealth. This partnership offers patients the combined expertise from leading physicians and the some of MetroHealth's most innovative technology
MetroHealth was the first hospital in the world to install the Phillips Brilliance iCT scanner, which allows for more consistent, motion-free imaging of the coronary arteries. The speed of the 256-slice scanner reduces radiation exposure for patients and provides more accurate images faster than other CT scanners.
Benefits of Coronary CT Angiography (CTA) include:
- Accurate non-invasive evaluation of coronary artery disease (CAD)
- High negative predictive value (a patient with a negative CT angiogram has a very low risk of having significant CAD)
- Evaluation of vascular structures, carotid disease, renal and peripheral arterial stenosis, and aortic aneurysms
- Useful in guiding radiofrequency ablations and placement of biventricular pacemakers
- Rapid exclusion of coronary disease in patients presenting to the emergency department with chest pain but low to intermediate likelihood of CAD