Cuidados Primarios/Servicios Especializados en su Vecindario
Treating you and your family with a personal touch.
4242 Lorain Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44113
Hours: Mon., Fri., 8 a.m.–5 p.m.; Tues.–Thurs., 8 a.m.–8 p.m.; First and Third Saturdays, 8 a.m.–Noon
About the Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center | Financial Assistance | Medical Services
A Center for the Community
| Partners in Care
| Hours/Schedule an Appointment
| Planning Your Visit
About MetroHealth Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center
Health care is only one aspect of your busy life, that's why the Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center staff offers you and your family more than just medical services — we cater to your personal needs as well. Many of our staff speak English and Spanish, so you can comfortably discuss your health in a familiar language. We listen to your individual needs to better guide you through important treatment decisions. But what's more important is the way we treat you — as a person, not just a patient.
Operating in conjunction with the Cleveland Department of Health, the Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center is supported by MetroHealth's full scope of services to provide you and your family with the best health care available. The Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center is affiliated with MetroHealth Medical Center, a tertiary care, academic facility that provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services and subspecialty referral care. Should the need for these services arise, your health care provider can arrange for them at MetroHealth Medical Center
As part of our comprehensive medical services, we specialize in the following areas:
- Family Medicine — care for the entire family
- Obstetrics/Gynecology — comprehensive care for adolescent girls and women of all ages
- Pediatrics — complete care for newborns, infants, children, and adolescents
We believe educating our patients is the best preventive health measure. It is also important to catch medical problems early. As part of the Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center, you benefit from the following services:
- Community Advocacy Program (CAP) — a partnership between MetroHealth and Legal Aid, focusing on removing the legal barriers to health in order to improve health outcomes
- Family planning
- The LGBT Pride clinic at McCafferty Health Center provides primary care that respects the unique health care needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community. Open Weds., 4:30–8 p.m.
- Nutrition counseling
- Social Work
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program — provides nutritional services to eligible women and their children
A Center for the Community
Each day, the Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center fulfills its mission to maintain and improve the health of all Cuyahoga County residents. Named after a well-known community physician, leader and congressman, Dr. Thomas F. McCafferty, the Center opened its doors to the community in 1971.
Since then, our health care providers have listened closely to your medical and personal needs to better know you, your family, and your community.
"My doctor is very good with my kids and always shows concern for them. The staff also is very considerate and I feel I can talk to them about anything."
–Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center patient
Partners In Care
MetroHealth's Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center practices Partners In Care, a program of services designed to meet all your health care needs. Our team of health professionals and staff work together with you in a partnership to improve your overall health and well-being.
Learn more about Partners In Care.
Hours/Schedule an Appointment
Visits to the Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center are by appointment only.
- Mon., Fri.; 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Tues.–Thurs.; 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
- First and Third Sats.; 8 a.m.–Noon
Schedule an Appointment: 216-957-4848
Family Medicine: 216-651-1199
LGBT Clinic: 216-651-3499
Planning Your Visit
- Bring your insurance card.
- If you do not have insurance, and this is your first visit, please bring proof of income, social security card, photo ID, proof of residency and family size.
- Please call if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
Emergency and After-Hours Medical Care
If you experience a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
If you require medical assistance or information after hours, please call the MetroHealth Line at 216-778-7878.
Primary Care for Adults and Children
Eric Friess, MD, Family Practice
Christopher Gillespie, MD, Family Practice
James Misak, MD, Family Practice, Director of CCH Family Practice
Carrie Stredney, NP, Family Practice
Rumila Tolentino, MD, Family Practice
Douglas VanAuken, MD, Family Practice
Veronica Crowe-Carpenter, NP, Pediatrics
Laura Ekstein, MD, Pediatrics, Director CCH Pediatrics
Harry Kiefer, MD, Pediatrics
Kathleen Quealy, MD
Robert S. Finkelhor, MD
Women's Health (OB/GYN)
Gregory Kitagawa, MD
Sofia Lieser, MD
Sally MacPhedran, MD
Allied Health Services
Ann Marie Slife, MS, RD, Nutrition Services
Julia Yacobucci, LISW, Social Services
Mildred Vazquez, LSW, Social Services