Jump to Selection Criteria
The MetroHealth Dietetic Internship Program accepts three Dietetic Interns each year during the Spring Match. Our Dietetic Internship uses the online centralized internship application, DICAS. Those interested in applying can access the application at https://portal.dicas.org or by emailing DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
Your Didactic Program Director and/or faculty advisor can be a resource person for information and guidance for the appointment process. The Accreditation staff at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is also available to answer your questions. Call 1-800-877-1600 ext. 5400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to DICA's fees, MetroHealth charges a non-refundable program fee of $40 to review applications. The application will not be processed without a MetroHealth application fee payment.
Please mail a check made out to MetroHealth Foundation after your completed DICA online application to:
MetroHealth Medical Center
Clinical Nutrition Services Department K-218
c/o Dietetic Internship Director
2500 MetroHealth Drive
Cleveland, OH 44109
Questions regarding the MetroHealth program should be sent to Suzanne Mach, Director of the Dietetic Internship at MetroHealth. You can contact Suzanne via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 216-778-2718.
All online submitted DICA application material is considered in the selection of appointees including:
1. Grade Point Average: Your overall GPA
2. Personal Statement: Responses are limited to 1,000 words. Questions to be addressed include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
3. Letters of Recommendation: Letters written by persons who know the applicant in an academic/professional capacity and are specific to the applicant are the most significant.
4. Work Experience: Experience in the field of dietetics is beneficial, both paid and voluntary. Other experience is also reviewed and considered.
5. Activities: Volunteer leadership activities are highly desirable.
The MetroHealth Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program does not discriminate with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, handicap or age.