Diabetes Self-Management Program
Our Diabetes Self-Management Education Program is approved by the American Diabetes Association. We provide you with the tools necessary to get and keep your diabetes in control. The program begins with an individualized assessment with our diabetes nurse educator or certified diabetes educator in order to plan a program that is right for you. You will receive in-depth diabetes education in group or individual sessions.
- Control of high and low blood sugars
- Home blood glucose monitoring
- Diabetes medications — how do they work?
- Stress management
- Exercise — finding and staying with an exercise plan that works for you
- Carbohydrate counting
- Menu planning, dining out, reading food labels, portion sizes
- Foot and skin care
- Sick-day management
- Long-term complications of diabetes
Did You Know?
- Keeping your blood sugar well-controlled can prevent problems and improve your long-term health.
- Most foods (even the ones you think are forbidden) are allowed for people with diabetes. We teach you how to enjoy them safely.
- New equipment makes checking your blood sugar easier than ever.
- New medications for diabetes make it easier than ever to control your blood sugar.
A physician referral is needed to enroll in the program, so talk to your doctor today about diabetes education. Many insurers pay for diabetes education. Contact your insurance company for more information.
Schedule an appointment with the Nutrition Clinic: 216-778-7835.
Tell the scheduler you want to enroll in the Diabetes Self-Management Program.