Goals and Objectives
The goal of the program is to enable the Dietetic Intern to develop the knowledge, attitude and skills needed to become an entry-level Dietitian.
Upon completion of this program, the Intern must possess a sound knowledge of food and nutrition, quantitative food production, biological sciences, pathophysiology of disease, and be able to act in a variety of capacities in clinical, administrative, and community settings.
The outcome measurements of our program goals are listed below.
1. The MetroHealth Internship Program will prepare graduates to become competent entry-level Dietitians.
- 85% of graduates, over a five-year period, will pass the National Registration Exam on their first attempt.
- 85% of graduates surveyed will have obtained employment related to their major within 3 months of graduation.
2. Through encouragement, motivation, and support, preceptors will increase the number of Interns who complete the Dietetic Internship.
- 90% of interns who enter the program will complete it.
- Based on graduate surveys, 95% of graduates will respond that Internship Preceptors provided “satisfactory” or better in respect to encouragement, motivation, and support provided.