Delivering on Our Mission Every Day
As we begin a new year at MetroHealth, we remain focused on our mission to deliver outstanding life-long care to all. Our compassionate medical experts strive to save lives, restore health and promote wellness to the residents of Cuyahoga County 24/7.
To quote one of our flight nurse specialists, Stacy Wicinski, RN: “We meet people on their worst day, and we get to fix it and make it better for them.”
We also see patients during some of the happiest moments of their lives: when we deliver a newborn and place it in its mother’s arms; when we congratulate patients for taking the right steps to lower their blood pressure; when we tell them their cancer is in remission.
In fact, on any given day throughout The MetroHealth System:
- Nearly 3,400 people have an outpatient visit at one of our 17 locations
- 1,000 community members call the MetroHealth Line for expert medical advice and health information
- 500 physicians serve patients, teach the next generation of healthcare leaders at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and conduct groundbreaking research to advance medicine
- 300 sick or injured County residents are cared for in our emergency department — among the busiest in the nation
- 64 surgeries are performed across a variety of specialties
- 8 babies are born in our Labor & Delivery Unit, while 38 others are cared for in our Level III NICU
- And when traumatic events happen on the highway or in remote parts of the county, Metro Life Flight takes to the skies with its mobile critical care unit — on average, 5 times per day
As our Board of Trustees searches for a permanent CEO, I am committed to leading MetroHealth into a prosperous 2013. We are poised for a successful year as a national healthcare leader and as a center of research and training excellence.
I am proud to serve the communities of Cuyahoga County by guiding the continued expansion of our ambulatory network, building new health centers and bringing first-rate care closer to our patients. In addition, we are proceeding with our plans for a visionary new main campus hospital.
As always, I welcome your feedback and ideas. Contact me at email@example.com.
In good health,
Edward Hills, DDS, FACD
Interim Chief Executive Officer