Cancer Care Center
Radiation Oncology & Linear Accelerator
On the leading edge of radiation therapy, our radiation oncologists have access to the most state-of-the-art technology in Northeast Ohio, enableing our experts to map out the most precise treatment plans for patients, and provide advanced treatment with less damage to surrounding tissue, greater comfort to patients and fewer side effects.
Our radiation oncology specialists — among the leading providers in Greater Cleveland —are equipped to offer patients of various conditions the following:
- Extremely precise delivery of radiation therapy, thus sparing healthy tissue near the tumor from radiation damage
- Shorter lengths of treatment for tumors without compromising the quality of care
- More accurate radiation doses that better match each patient's individual treatment plan
- Accommodation of large patients or patients in immobilization devices without reducing image quality
- Specialized treatments such as Stereotactic Radiosurgery
The MetroHealth Cancer Care Center linear accelerator — a medical device use to provide precise, effective cancer treatment — is the only one of its kind in Northeast Ohio.
Fights the Tumor, Not the Patient
With stereotactic radiosurgery capability, the linear accelerator can target radiation to an area as small as a pencil point, minimizing damage to healthy tissue surrounding a tumor.
The the linear accelerator delivers radiation doses nearly 60% faster than conventional linear accelerators used to treat cancer, providing patient treatment in a much shorter period of time.
Meet Our Radiation Oncology Specialists