With its comprehensive and compassionate approach, the Child Neurology team is committed to improving the quality of life of children, teenagers and young adults with neurological problems. We work closely with specialists from across the MetroHealth system to follow patients from childhood through adulthood. The team provides one-stop services, such as:
- Evaluation and management of patients with chronic neuromuscular disorders
- Outpatient neurological evaluation of children with Cerebral palsy, Spina Bifida, Shunted Hydrocephalus and inborn neuromuscular disorders
- Immediate treatment of prolonged or clustering seizures
- Relief of migraine headaches through hydration and IV therapy
We offer the latest treatments available, such as transdermal electrical stimulation, Botox muscle injections, and Intra-Thecal Baclofen to improve muscle health of children with Cerebral Palsy, as well as Regular EEG and Video EEG for the evaluation and management of seizures.
- Headaches, including migraines
- Learning and attention disorders (including ADHD)
- Seizures, including febrile convulsions and epilepsy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Tics and Tourette's syndrome
- Behavioral issues
- Breath-holding spells
- Coordination issues and tremors
- Delayed speech
- Head injuries and concussion
- Muscular dystrophy and nerve muscle disorders
- Sleep problems
- Weakness, including Cerebral Palsy
Make an Appointment
Patients are seen Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. at MetroHealth Medical Center. Special times are available for urgent requests. To schedule an appointment, call 216-778-2222; a referal is required. Learn what happens during an office visit and how to prepare for an appointment.
Child Neurology is located at:
MetroHealth Medical Center
Women & Children's Pavilion, 1st Floor
2500 MetroHealth Drive
Cleveland, OH 44109
[map and directions]
Patients may also be seen at MetroHealth Strongsville Health Center Wednesdays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment at that location, call 440-238-2124.
Current patients and their families can reach the on-call child neurologist by calling 216-778-7800. When you hear the voice mail greeting, press "0" and ask the operator to be transferred to the on-call child neurologist.
About Child Neurology
The Child Neurology program at MetroHealth was established in the 1970s by Dr. Robert Eiben, a pioneer of the specialty of child neurology and a former president of the Child Neurology Society. In addition to serving patients and their families, the Child Neurology team also participates in the training of medical students, pediatric residents, and nurse practitioners.